September 24, 2009

slaughterhouse x shady records?




Eminem is reportedly in talks with rap group Slaughterhouse to bring its members, Joe Budden, Royce Da 5'9, Joell Ortiz and Crooked I, to Shady Records.

According to radio personality Miss Info, contract negotiations have begun to take place.

So here are the 'rumors' that I'm hearing...That Slaughterhouse appearance in "Forever," was indeed a non-verbal announcement of the contract negotiations going on behind the scenes. For the past month, both sides have been working towards bringing the group to the Shady label. And that the gathering of Em and the guys at the shoot, is the first of more collaborations to come. (Miss Info)

Em also has close ties with fellow Detroit, Michigan-based emcee, Royce Da 5'9.

Royce is also known as the rapper who got a major boost from legendary producer DJ Premier, who produced his 2000 hit "Boom." Mostly, though, people associate him with Eminem. The pair have rolled together since their early days in Detroit and have worked together on several occasions. (All Music)

Redman previously spoke on the possibility of joining Em's record company if given the opportunity.

"Even like Shady, even to have that idea, or Eminem to even have that idea like thinking Redman was gonna be off Def Jam and he coming through is a privilege," Red explained. "Like, I will leave right now and go over there to Shady. I don't care, 'cause they still doing hip-hop and I love it. Anybody supporting it, I'm there. Big up to Shady though, but I ain't off Def Jam yet, f*ck. But I'm there though. I'm still rockin'. Come get me for a record though, let's make it happen." (Dog & Pony Show)

Shady Records has seen the departure of Obie Trice, Stat Quo and most recently, Bobby Creekwater over the past two years.

"We parted ways, it was a business decision," Creekwater revealed in an interview. "Just so you know, labels, in some cases, can choose to be a**holes, hold the artists on the label -- put an artist through a whole bunch of bullsh*t to get free but they didn't. They understood my plight and I appreciate [manager Paul Rosenberg] for that, him and Em...I'm officially off of Shady...Basically it was this, Em, or Shady had to pay some bills. They had released some projects that didn't do as well as they planned or what have you so Em had to go and make that right. In Em making that right, Creekwater would have had to do more waiting and it's one of those things as an artist, you're your first concern...I couldn't afford to do any more waiting. It was the time to move on." (YouTube)

No further information has been provided as of now.


0 comments: