September 9, 2009

miss Jackson if ya NASTY!



janet looking fabulous, modeling for harpers bazaar. take a look at a snippet of janet's very first interview since michael's death!


On the media since Michael passed away:
"It will drive you crazy. People can have rhinoceros skin, but there's a point when something's going to hurt you. Not everyone is stone, stone. I haven't watched the news in weeks. I had to ask my chef, 'How's Obama doing?' I haven't read a newspaper. On top of that, [we've lost] a family member."

On being strong since losing her brother:
"I always wanted to have my mother's strength, but I didn't know if it was really there. But a few years back, something happened and I learned that I did. I'm not going to mention it, but we all know what it is. And now, coming off all this, it's even beyond that. I was just focused on my job at that moment within my family. Now at least I know that I can step up to the plate and not crumble when I'm needed. When it comes to something like this that is so, so serious, so painful, so traumatic, I can handle it."

On her relationship with Michael:
"My brother is, I mean was…[shifts uncomfortably]. You have to forgive me, because it's really hard to believe he's passed. He'd have the same red shirt, the same black pants, the same white tee-shirt. Mike was very simple. When I was 14 years old, I would shop for him. [Michael was then 21 and a megastar]. I washed his clothes, cleaned his room. When mother would go out of town, she'd say 'I'm leaving you in charge. Take care of Mike.' I would head home from school, see what he needed, then go straight to the stores….You know people see this of you, they have a fantasy in their mind, and to really get to know the true person, it's different. Michael was a big brother. He was always very protective of me."


0 comments: